Skip to main content

We don’t know where Kanu is, we never raided his house, says DHQ


The Nigerian Defence Headquarters says it does not know the whereabouts of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, who was last seen on September 14.
John Enenche, the Director of Defence Information told journalists in Abuja that neither the military nor any of the security agencies can be held responsible for Kanu’s disappearance.
This is coming after the British High Commission in Nigeria sent an enquiry to the federal government asking for clarifications on Kanu’s status and whereabouts, given that Kanu is also a British citizen.
Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Kanu’s lawyer, had alleged that the army may have killed his client. He even filed an application in court asking that Tukur Buratai, the Chief of Army Staff be compelled to produce Kanu.
But Enenche said the army did not at any time invade Kanu’s hometown in Afara-Ukwu, Umuahia, the Abia State capital as was widely reported.
“I watched the operations live. I also got first-hand information from our men on the ground. For the records, Nnamdi Kanu was never taken away by the military,” Enenche said.
“The military is doing their routine exercise operation (Python Dance). I saw everything, nobody raided Kanu house. I stand to justify it not from the information I got, I was watching it live. I was monitoring it live.
“Nobody raided his house, nobody went to ‘carry’ him. That must be very clear I saw the militancy, nobody told me.”
Kanu is currently facing treason charges at the Federal High Court in Abuja. He was granted bail on health grounds on April 25, and is due to appear in court on October 17 for continuation of his trail.
Meanwhile, the federal government has since declared Kanu’s group, the IPOB as a terrorist organisation and anyone who participates in the group’s activities risks a 20-year jail sentence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the weird rules the royal family are expected to follow. (But break all the time).

The weird rules the royal family are expected to follow. (But break all the time). In international news this week, a guy held his girlfriend’s hand. ^^ That sort of thing tends to earn a fair bit of attention when you’re in line to succeed the throne as ruler of a Commonwealth of nations. Especially if that thing, well, just isn’t generally done. “Prince Harry Broke Royal Protocol with Meghan Markle”, “Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal PDA May Have Been Against the Rules”, “Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Broke a MAJOR Royal Rule”, the headlines read. But the truth is, the Royals – especially the younger ones – break protocol all the time. Because, let’s face it, a lot of them (the rules, that is) are really bloody weird. Here are a few they’ve tossed out the window. They mustn't let people touch them And not just girlfriends. The media went nuts in 2009 when Michelle Obama and the Queen stood side-by-side with (then) US First Lady Michelle Obama, the...

Corona Virus: Italy may suspend all sport because of corona virus outbreak.

All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus, the country's prime minister Giuseppe Conte has announced. This includes Serie A but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions. Serie A - Italy's top flight - had already said all games would be played behind closed doors until 3 April. Conte extended a series of strict quarantine measures, including a ban on public gatherings, to all of Italy. Earlier, Italy's Olympic committee (CONI) recommended the move to suspend all sport at all levels after hosting a special meeting of sporting federations on Monday. Italy has been the European country worst hit by coronavirus so far, with over 9,000 confirmed cases and more than 450 deaths...... Read More @ Sport News By Mr.Geezzy

CoronaVirus:Troops has been sent to New York 'Containment Zone'

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced a one-mile (1.6km) coronavirus "containment zone" around a town north of New York City. New Rochelle has seen "probably the largest cluster" of US cases, he said. National Guard troops will be used to clean schools in the town and deliver food to any quarantined individuals. The death toll in Italy, one of the countries worst hit by the virus, rose to 631 as the authorities placed the whole country in lockdown. Italy's death toll is the highest outside China, which recorded its lowest number of new infections, just 19, on Tuesday . China, where the virus was first detected, has seen a total of 80,754 confirmed cases, with 3,136 deaths. Why is New York state taking this action? The state has 173 active cases, the most in the US. Of these cases, 108 are in Westchester County, where New Rochelle is located. New York City, which is located around 25 miles (40km) south of New Rochelle, has 36 confir...