Skip to main content

Donald Trump annuls mandatory Obamacare contraception coverage

US President Donald Trump’s administration annulled on Friday an Obamacare provision that obliged employer health plans to pay for contraception.
The move extends to all commercial enterprises an exemption already given to religious institutions.
It expands “exemptions to protect moral convictions for certain entities and individuals whose health plans are subject to a mandate of contraceptive coverage” under Obamacare, a note published by the US Department of Health and Human Services said.
Obamacare is the common name for the Affordable Care Act, health reforms that took effect under former President Barack Obama in 2010. It allowed millions of uninsured people to get health insurance.Repealing the act was one of Trump’s most strident campaign promises. He described Obamacare as a “total disaster,” but his Republican Party has failed in efforts to repeal the health reforms.
Millions of American women who had the cost of contraception reimbursed could be affected by the Trump administration’s decision, which conservative groups had been seeking since Obamacare began.
Challenges to Obamacare reached the US Supreme Court, which in 2014 ruled that family-owned private companies could choose not to provide contraceptive coverage to female employees on religious grounds.
In May, Trump signed a decree on religious liberty ordering his administration to take account of objections of conscience on matters of contraception.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus: Italy may suspend all sport because of corona virus outbreak.

All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus, the country's prime minister Giuseppe Conte has announced. This includes Serie A but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions. Serie A - Italy's top flight - had already said all games would be played behind closed doors until 3 April. Conte extended a series of strict quarantine measures, including a ban on public gatherings, to all of Italy. Earlier, Italy's Olympic committee (CONI) recommended the move to suspend all sport at all levels after hosting a special meeting of sporting federations on Monday. Italy has been the European country worst hit by coronavirus so far, with over 9,000 confirmed cases and more than 450 deaths...... Read More @ Sport News By Mr.Geezzy

bayern coach as been sack

Carlo Ancelotti: Bayern Munich sack Italian manager.   Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked as manager of Bayern Munich. Following Wednesday's 3-0 Champions League defeat by Paris St-Germain, the club's board has decided to dismiss the Italian, who replaced Pep Guardiola at the start of last season. Ancelotti, 58, helped Bayern win the Bundesliga last term, but they only reached the last eight of the Champions League and the German Cup semi-finals. Assistant boss Willy Sagnol will take temporary charge. Bayern, league champions in each of the past five seasons, are third in the German table, three points behind Borussia Dortmund, with four wins, one draw and one defeat from their first six matches. They next play away to Hertha Berlin on Sunday (14:30 BST). "The performance of our team since the start of the season did not meet the expectations we put to them," said Bayern's chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. "I would like to thank Car...

MI Abaga Spotted With Jon Snow Of Game Of Thrones (pictures